REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Stage "A" Members
There are four ways of becoming a full card Stage "A" Member of IATSE Local 118
Generally, an individual may apply for membership after meeting the following requirements:
Worked a minimum of four hundred (400) hours of stage work in the twenty-four(24) month period preceding application, at places of work where the IATSE Local 118 is recognized or certified to represent employees, under no less than two (2) different Collective Bargaining Agreements; and
- Completed required courses and/or qualifications as outlined in IATSE Local 118 policy; and
- Has no disqualifying workplace incidents as defined in IATSE Local 118 policy; and
- Passed any objective tests of skills and/or knowledge as outlined in IATSE Local 118 policy; and
- Provided to the Local Union office a resume and cover letter outlining their experience and work history; and
- Has their application reviewed and approved in accordance with IATSE Local 118 policy by a majority vote of the Executive Board.
- An individual who has not worked the requisite 400 hours under IATSE Local 118 contracts may apply if they meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Possesses a special skill deemed to be needed in the Union by the Executive Board, in accordance with IATSE Local 118 policy; and
- Has a minimum of four thousand (4,000) hours or four (4) years of relevant industry experience, verified in writing by employers or members in good standing.
- Provides to the Union office a resume and cover letter outlining their experience and work history as well as proof of experience.
- Has their application reviewed and approved according to IATSE Local 118 policy by a majority vote of the Executive Board.
- An individual may request to transfer into IATSE Local 118 from another local of the International Alliance as outlined here.
- An individual who has requesting representation from IATSE Local 118 and is involved in a successful organizing campaign shall be offered membership without having to meet the criteria outlined in 1 above. information on how to request representation can be found here.
How to Apply and Application Fee's
To apply for membership please email an application package to firstname.lastname@example.org your application packages should include the following:
- A cover letter requesting membership
- A resume
- proof of hours or experience as required in the scenarios above.
- A copy of any certification or tickets for completed safety or skills training courses
Once your application has been received a representative from the Union will contact you to review your package and determine your eligibility for Membership. Once Eligibility has been confirmed and your application approved by the Executive Board, you will be asked to visit the Union office and complete the official IATSE Membership Application. At This time you will be required to pay the Local and International Applications fees, As well as first-year dues.
Local Application Fee = $100 (may be waived if you are involved in an organizing drive)
International Application Fee = $100 (may be waived if you are involved in an organizing drive)
information on Union dues can be found here.
FOH/ Special Department "B" Members
Thank you for your interest in Front of House / Special Departments. This department can include Custodial, Box Office, Ushers, and Bartenders. The Local does not currently take applications for these positions. Should you be interested in any of these types of positions you must apply directly to the venue/employer covered by an IATSE Local 118 FOH Agreement.
If you work in these classifications in your workplace and would like to inquire about Union representation please find more information on representation from IATSE Local 118 here.